• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to extract .mbn and .xml programmer files?

batboy

Android Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2013
Hello,

I have two smartphones, one is completely working, and the other is hard bricked.

It is about HTC Desire 820.

so I wonder is it possible to extract ROM from working phone, and then extract required

files, such as .mbn and .xml programmer files ?

I have found this tutorial: https://www.droidsavvy.com/2021/03/unbrick-qualcomm-mobiles-with-step-by-step-guide.html

but I dont have required files, such as .mbn and .xml programmer filesfor flashing phone.

my phone is detected as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008.

Thank you

your phone would need to be rooted to be able to read and write onto the os. no root=no access to those files.

how is your phone hard bricked? what happened to it?

Which phone needs to be rooted ?

I have two HTC Desire 820.

One is fully working, and the second one is hard bricked.

I bricked the phone, because i flashed wrong ROM.

Now this bricked phone only is detected as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008

and when i connect the phone to charger, the led light is flashing.

I thought I'd take all the content out of the working phone, and then transfer everything to bricked one.

but i dont know can I extract required files, such as .mbn and .xml programmer files ?

Upvote 0
Which phone needs to be rooted ?

I have two HTC Desire 820.

One is fully working, and the second one is hard bricked.

I bricked the phone, because i flashed wrong ROM.

Now this bricked phone only is detected as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008

and when i connect the phone to charger, the led light is flashing.

I thought I'd take all the content out of the working phone, and then transfer everything to bricked one.

but i dont know can I extract required files, such as .mbn and .xml programmer files ?

I'm sure you'd definitely need to root the working phone, in order to obtain the system files you need. Of course that's not without risk, and you might end up with two bricked devices.

Good luck!

Reactions: batboy and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I'm sure you'd definitely need to root the working phone, in order to obtain the system files you need. Of course that's not without risk, and you might end up with two bricked devices.

Good luck!

:(

therefore there is a possibility of doing more harm than good ?

so with making a backup from working phone, i can make a new brick :D

can't you flash a RUU for your bricked phone? can you get into recovery mode? it's been a while since i worked on HTC phones.

....maybe @Hadron can chime in on this one.

i cant use RUU, because the bricked phone wont go into recovery mode.

:(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones