• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to extract SMemo Notes locally on Galaxy S7 Active

OnGoGS7A

Mar 24, 2021
[First: I don't want to use the cloud]
I have Notes written in the SMemo standard app on my Galaxy S7 Active phone, and I need to extract them to reload them on an other phone that is also a S7 Active, but not new, already in use, with some new SMemo notes already saved..
So I'd like to get the old SMemo files onto a flash drive. I'm not sure whether a backup app would be able to merge the old Notes files into the folder for the new Notes files, and I haven't found yet an app that can specifically backup the SMemo files? Searching with a file manager, I can't locate the Notes files generated by the SMemo app...
Please help
Thank you!

maybe try smart switch? not sure if it works on older phones.
Sorry to reply so late, I've been very busy
I guess I wasn't sure what to write since you replied to my question with a question. I know nothing about smart switch except that it is a Samsung-compatible software.
It's not on my phone so far so I'd need to know more about it before going to get it on the Google store. Does it require using the cloud or being logged in to a Samsung or Google account to work? That would be a no-no.
Other than that - does it use wireless transmission?

The preferred solutions I'm seeking are:

1)__I would prefer to use file manager functionality to copy out the SMemo data files, so,
does anyone know where the the SMemo data files are saved, on a GalaXY s7 active phone?
Are they visible and copy-able via file manager software?

2)__Is there a backup software that can single out a specific app like sMemo to backup its files and can do it to an external flash drive?

I don't have much computer time available, so I might not be able to answer your reply quickly, but please know that I will greatly appreciate it when I get it! Thank you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones