• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to factory reset Google Pixel

ItzHaunT

Sep 23, 2017
U.S
My friend said he bought a used Google Pixel off of someone that he knew. It was password locked when my friend received the phone. The guy supposedly gave him the password to unlock it, but it isn't correct. I have tried booting into recovery mode, but I think it won't allow it without the phone being unlocked. So, does anyone know how to factory reset it without the password?

If you perform a factory reset through recovery then you will trip the Factory Reset Protection and won't be able to set up the device until you've first logged in with the last Google Account associated with the device.

You're not going to be able to get around this on your own. You'll need to send your friend back to whoever he bought the phone from and get them to unlock it and perform a reset from within Android.

Reactions: svim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones