Whether you're permanently retiring your device to the junk drawer, or looking to sell it to a 3rd party, at some point you're going to need to perform a factory reset. In this How To, we'll show you how to remove all your personal information from the Honor 5X in the event you need to wipe it clean and start over.
- Open the Settings app
- Scroll down and select Backup & reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Decide if you would like to delete all data, including photos and music (Erase internal storage)
- Select Reset phone
- Enter your PIN or password (if you have one)
- Select Reset phone (yes, again)