1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to fake root access in Cm7 or Cm9

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shiv81, Apr 13, 2012.

1. shiv81

shiv81 Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I want to be able to use Ultraviolet streaming on the flixster app, however they don't allow you if you have root access. I've tried the CM9 alpha rom with root disabled in the settings, but it still doesn't work. Is there a way to fake that I don't have root or a flixster modded APK? I would prefer it would work on CM7 reloaded because of the camera, but I'm fine with a CM9 fix. Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MediocreBadGuy

MediocreBadGuy Android Enthusiast

I think SuperSU from the play store allows you to do this within its settings but do it at your own risk.

3. shiv81

shiv81 Well-Known Member

I tried voodoo root keeper. I thought it was the perfect solution, but it still gave me the "sorry you're rooted" message. I then went in the application data and cleared all data. It still detected it. I'll try supersu now. Thanks

Edit: I can't seem to find an option for temp unroot in the settings even though its mentioned in the description on the Play store. Do you have to buy the Pro version for this?

4. shiv81

shiv81 Well-Known Member

I've been looking on other threads and see others having the same problem. Is there a way to unroot in CM7 and then reroot? Some have said that it should fix the problem with Voodoo.

5. marcusi23

marcusi23 Well-Known Member

i don't know this is a shot in the dark but since cm7 and them are already rooted when installed and u didn't actually use gingerbreak to root it,but how about trying gingerbreak to unroot, remember shot in the dark.

6. shiv81

shiv81 Well-Known Member

I tried this. The unrooting part worked perfectly and I verified this by downloading root checker from the play store. I tried to watch a movie then, but I still got the same message. This is definetly a problem with Flixster, not my device. Thanks for your help.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews