• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to find a clipboard app

Beadmaster

Aug 6, 2020
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post.

I'm having a terrible time finding a clipboard app. The clipboard that was provided with my Android is horrible. If I don't email links, text, etc to myself constantly throughout the day they're obliterated when the clipboard fills up with text and links plus screenshots that are in my gallery - those screenshots being in the clipboard are completely redundant and unnecessary. They're in my gallery! Why are they tying up clipboard space?

I downloaded a clipboard app from the Play Store, an app which shall remain nameless. I carefully read reviews and most were positive. Review after review was so positive and all of the responses were from the company responding with thanks.

I tried the app and it failed. It captured 4 or 5 of the things that were supposed to go into the clipboard. There were more items in the pathetic supplied clipboard on the phone than there were in the app.

Thoroughly upset at still losing much of what I'd thought were links and items in text being captured (I really put it to the test and thought after all of the glowing reviews that this app was IT), I posted a negative and very truthful review.

It was deleted. I tried it 5 or 6 more times and after the sixth deleted review I reported it to the Play Store. But the horrible app is still there, though I did find there were other negative reviews that were not so easy to find and those had zero feedback, because obviously nobody wants to fix any problems, just accept positive reviews and thank people!

Now I have little confidence in reading reviews. I used to look for high ratings with good reviews, but now that's meaningless. I have no confidence in locating a suitable app; however, I need something that really works, because that app that's with the phone is so pitiful.

Thank you for any assistance!

I had used Clipper in the past, and I have just tried it again. (full version I had paid for years ago)
I had thought Google had prevented third party clipboard apps from working when I tried it a couple of years ago, and a pop up on Clipper mentions this in. relation to background stuff, but it still seems to be functioning right now.
This (Google) may be why Samsung and LG clipboards don't function as they did in the past, I'm guessing.

SwiftKey and Gboard keypads have clipboard functions I haven't used for a while

Right now I will share a link, article or image to Google Keep or my Note pad app Color Note.

In theory, and of old, any clippings would disappear from RAM on shut down, so sharing them like this is safer and just as quick, imv.

Screenshot_2021-09-18-12-38-05-228_org.rojekti.clipper.jpg

Upvote 0
First, reviews are like diapers.
(you know why)

Second, the 'clipboard' on an Android only holds one item at a time, which is overwritten as soon as something else is put onto the clipboard.

Are you talking about a notepad app instead?

Thank you...well, you are so right about reviews being like diapers! :rolleyes: Ugh.

No, I have a clipboard that holds...not sure how many items. More than one at a time. Let's say I'm reading an article and in turn I highlight 5 different paragraphs and each time after I highlight a paragraph I choose "copy." That puts each one in the clipboard, one after the other.

The problem is when I go to the clipboard and, interspersed with paragraphs, URLs I copied from browsers, etc, are all of the latest screenshots I took. Which is annoying because I don't need those screenshots. It's completely redundant and makes zero sense as to why the screenshots are there when I can use them from my gallery...but they're there and I can't stop the clipboard from saving them. This cuts down on the number of text items I can copy to the clipboard, because as soon as I find something where I make, say, 10 screenshots, it pushes many or even all of the earlier text items out of there. I don't need that. I just need text items, but the clipboard is determined to hold those unwanted screenshots.

The problem with using a notepad app is, instead of copying into the clipboard where I have ONE place for everything, each time I want to copy a paragraph or URL I have to immediately go to the notepad, save the paragraph or URL, then return to what I was doing. It's much, MUCH easier to have all of the text and URL items in one place, where I can save for later and then mass email them...except the ridiculous screenshots are obliterating those text and URL items. :mad:

That's why I was so extremely disappointed with the person who only took good feedback and deleted all of my bad feedback. If someone's app doesn't work right, they should either support it or dump it. But it was a total waste of my time and I lost several links and text items just with my test, only because I trusted the app would do what it should.

Upvote 0
I had used Clipper in the past, and I have just tried it again. (full version I had paid for years ago)
I had thought Google had prevented third party clipboard apps from working when I tried it a couple of years ago, and a pop up on Clipper mentions this in. relation to background stuff, but it still seems to be functioning right now.
This (Google) may be why Samsung and LG clipboards don't function as they did in the past, I'm guessing.

SwiftKey and Gboard keypads have clipboard functions I haven't used for a while

Right now I will share a link, article or image to Google Keep or my Note pad app Color Note.

In theory, and of old, any clippings would disappear from RAM on shut down, so sharing them like this is safer and just as quick, imv.

View attachment 158947

Thank you, that's so much information! I'll look into it and see if that will help. First thing I do with anything is test it thoroughly now, knowing reviews are so misleading and developers can simply delete bad feedback.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones