1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to find and zero the MEID and ESN

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Python02, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Python02

Python02 Lurker

Ok total noob here so bear with me. I have an EVO 4g that is rooted and being i don't know how to do those neat screen dumps that are posted i will just include my info:
    SUPERSONIC EVT3 SHIP S-OFF
    MICROP-O41f
    TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
    RADIO-2.15.00.11.19
    Oct 15 2010 12:07:00

Ok so I am trying to flash it over to boost and I have managed to stumble my way through most of it but I have not found AUTOROOT with 2.15.00.11.19 as mentioned in the guides but am thinking i don't need as I am already rooted and on radio 2.15.00.11.19. I do however have the issues that follow:

1)I scanned for esn's and found 12 (i think I am good there) I do not however understand how to set them to 0's or what program to use

2) I have no clue how to locate the MEID locations and once I have them what to do with them (what program to use and how to change them)

Simple questions to some of you I am sure, but I have been going around in circles for over a week now trying to figure this out from stuff that is already posted and I think I am more confused now than when I started.

Please help!!!!......Thanks:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Where are you going to get replacement values?

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

4. Python02

Python02 Lurker

oops my bad, I have and incognito that I will be using as a donor phone

EarlyMon likes this.
  5. Python02

Python02 Lurker

6. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert

You found the right guide. Follow it through. For me meid locations read the guide again and find the section about "open sesame door".

Read the guide once all the way through and then start doing your thing. Make that twice all the way through.

If you follow the open sesame door you'll have the meid/esn zeroed out in 10 min flat. Good luck.

Python02 and ocnbrze like this.
  7. Python02

Python02 Lurker

I have seen you mention the open sesame door a few times but the only reference I have found for it has been for the evo 3d, but not for the evo 4g

8. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

Thats the one, the evo 3d meid fix and the evo 4g meid fix are the same

9. Python02

Python02 Lurker

I took a chance and figured with as many times as I saw you mention it they were and I now have a boost evo 4g. Thanks a million...
    One other thing I was thinking about going to a custom rom, is there anything I need to worry about because it is on boost? Like any settings that will be messed with or anything?

10. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

The only setting that will be affected is mms and xda forum has a fix for many roms or use go sms pro from the market

11. Python02

Python02 Lurker

I have it installed, up and running, and also have nitrous oxide rom installed on it and I am loving this phone...Again thanks for all the help guys.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews