• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to find/delete originals of files in emulated folder

Hi. I have .mp3u files that show in /storage/emulated/O/Playlists. I want to delete them because when my Sonos music speaker scans for Playlists it's picking these up and I don't want them to appear with Sonos. My understanding is that these 'files' in the emulated folder are not files as such - they are just references to the original files. So I need to delete the orginals - then the emulated 'versions' will no longer appear. But I can't find any sign of the original files? I've tried a couple of search apps but no luck (although they did find the ones in the emulated folder.) Any help thoughts appreciated. Thanks

Use a good file manager.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.simplemobiletools.filemanager.pro/

Settings of that app, select Show Hidden Files.

Find your files, and delete or rename them.

You may choose to place them in a folder that you name with a " . " at the begining, ie. " .folder " as this will cause it to be considered a hidden file and not be seen by music player apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones