• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to find problem app

rweddy

Nov 11, 2009
So I have had my phone for 5 days, do not know how I used a BB before. :cool:

My phone has been locking up and rebooting about twice a day after I started loading up apps on the 3rd day .

Is there a way to see what programed crashed the phone?

I guess I could go back one by one and start taking them off, but is there any other way that is not such a pia to see what is causing this

When haveing such problems I go after the most likely culprits first - I uninstall memory management type programs (for me task killers) and other stuff that constantly run in the background (home screen replacements, bluetooth and WIFI stuff that constantly poll and tax the system). I try my best to do at least a weekly inventory of what stuff I have installed and if I really need it. I wond up weeding out apps I couldn't live without but never use and sure enough, the system runs better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones