1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to fix an unresponsive Launcher

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hYpHyPuRpLe, Apr 10, 2012.

1. hYpHyPuRpLe

hYpHyPuRpLe Android Enthusiast

Look at 6th post

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hYpHyPuRpLe

Sorry (if you even read the post) I fixed it

3. hYpHyPuRpLe

Well let me just start of by asking if you got exactly what happened to me. I'll explain it better because I was in a hurry to get it fixed back then. I just panicked

4. LouCash

LouCash Newbie

Imidiate force close on launcher? Blank screen after boot?

What did happen?

I'm sure whatever it was it could happen to someone else...

5. hYpHyPuRpLe

So basically what magic locker does is to go to that launcher first and then it redirects you to your preferred launcher. Idk why a lockscreen has to do this but it did anyway. Since magic locker crashed, every time I pressed the home button it would go to magic locker and tried to redirect me to my gingerbread launcher, but magic locker had crashed so there was no way of redirecting me. What i did was have my friend text me. From the lockscreen I slid down the sms notification and it took me to my messaging app. I then installed apk manager from my computer onto it (just by going to the play store from my computer and telling it to install) and when it was done installing I went into my notification bar and tapped on the "apk manager has been installed" notification. Once inside the app, all I did was uninstall magic locker.

Should I rename the thread to "How to fix unresponsive launcher" or something like that?

6. LouCash

LouCash Newbie

I didn't have any idea what you were talking about after all lol

Now its clear and lets hope it helps someone!

7. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

If it helps at all, give Widget Locker a look. It works well on my Connect.

8. chknhwk

chknhwk Android Enthusiast

Widget locker does work good, I used for about two weeks. Now I've just got the lock feature turned off completely, I like it much better.

9. hYpHyPuRpLe

I would but I have no money. Well actually I'm 14 so I don't have any way to buy. Anyone know how to buy apks from the market without the use of a credit card? With like a gift card of some sort? That's how I buy my little brother games on his iPod.

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews