• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to fix (for the most part) a headphone jack

Usually after long years of use, the headphone jack in the android seems to almost stop working. This can be frustrating, because come on. Who wants to spend MONEY to fix that shit?

Jokes aside, I found a method that helps (In most cases) an old headphone jack. Chances are, it's just dirty and needs a good cleaning. So what I did was take something slender enough to fit inside, wrapped it in tape (ESPECIALLY THE TIP IF YOU'RE USING SOMETHING SHARP LIKE A TOOTHPICK) and rubbed it all around inside the jack. Lots of dirt came out and now it works almost as good as it used to. Mine is just really worn, so not much helping that
Unless somebody knows a method to fix that as well, for which I would be grateful.

Matter of fact, why not turn this thread into just general headphone jack fixing tips, that would be nice.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones