• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to fix Ghost/black/zombie screen?

Paulronin

Lurker
Feb 5, 2019
So I've got a Htc desire 826 and I've been getting what I call ghost screen
Basically what I mean is that anytime any amount of force is applied on the back of my phone the screen blacks out (like the screen is black but I can interact with the phone without looking at the screen)

I've had a history of black screen with this phone
The screen blacks out and never come back after restarting it for like 20 times

For eg.
When I'm on insta and I place my phone down on a surface the screen will black out but the phone is active I could hear the video playing

The screen comes back only after I lock the screen and unlock it

The screen also blacks out if I tap the back or even a small shake

How do I fix it?
Or do I need to go to a technician?

It does sound like a hardware issue and that you should have the phone looked over at a phone service shop.
But before you drop it off somewhere, while it's still visible to you and functional be sure to back up your personal data. If the display does just fail completely you really need to have any saved data safely copied somewhere you can still access (and restore to another phone if necessary).

Reactions: Paulronin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones