1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root How to fix google talk authentication failed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Davegrow, Feb 7, 2012.

1. JamDuggy

JamDuggy Lurker
    None

Jul 1, 2012
    Accountant
    Spanish Town, Jamaica
    It worked after doing a factory reset of my tablet and trying to reinstall some of my old apps but Google Play Books was giving me parsing errors, after clearing the data from market and google framework my problems were all solved!! Thanks man.:)

Advertisement

2. JoyDickey

JoyDickey Lurker
    None

My droid had just started doing this and it was driving me nuts!!! Thank you so much and especially thanks to djpabz23 for asking the questions that I needed answers for, finding "market" was not easy when it has been changed to Google Play Store lol THANK YOU!!!! I just booted my phone so time will tell if it actually worked :)

3. shevys

shevys Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Big thanks to the OP for this ever so useful tip, solved a world of frustration for me. Thanks!!

4. SunshineStef17

None

Jan 13, 2013
    Thank you for this, it did the trick! And finally was able to download apps;).

5. hendrikbjw

hendrikbjw Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2013
    I've searched tried everything without success. One thing they forget to tell is: Reboot your device for the change to take effect.
    Thank you so much Davegrow.

6. WantsAns

WantsAns Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2013
    Thanks, I didn't have to google forever and read a bunch of comments!!:D

7. Warl0ck

Warl0ck Member
    None

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    Ive been searching for this solution. Thanks it did solved my problem.

8. RobXan

RobXan Lurker
    None

Nov 18, 2013
    Excellent! Thanks for the tip...it worked!

9. soo_what

soo_what Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2013
    Thanks man!!! That was the only thing that worked for me! I've been struggling with that problem for a while. I just tested it and it worked! Now I can download apps from the market, all the updates were successful! Thanks a lot! :)

10. soo_what

soo_what Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2013
    Thanks man!!! That was the only thing that worked for me! I've been struggling with that problem for a while. I just tested it and it worked! Now I can download apps from the market, all the updates were successful! Thanks a lot! :)

11. chinneths

chinneths Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    I can get to the: clear data for market (google play) but I do not know how to find: google services framework. I tried to just do the first step then clear dalvik cache and reboot I still get the google pay error it says: Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous version od the app and try again.

I've been trying to download Link2sd for the past hour to finish the update, but I cannot get past this step? Please help.

-chinneths

12. chinneths

chinneths Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    Okay I was able to find google services framework and clear the data. I rebooted and I still get the same error message. Am I missing something?

13. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2012
    Syracuse Ny
    Did you also clear data for play app as well if not clear that then clear framework again

14. chinneths

chinneths Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    I found out I can download from Play, however I cannot remove link2sd to install a new one? I have tried everything. Is there another program similar to link2sd?

15. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2012
    Syracuse Ny
    If ur rooted try using titanium backup to remove links2sd if ur on megatron download again think its required for it and yes there is similar apps like apps2sd just view links2sd kn store and look at similar apps

Disregard megatron part if yr phone isnt transform ultra

16. Hatrix

Hatrix Lurker
    None

Jun 23, 2014
    yo, thank u so much. after 2 calls to an administer I finally got to this forum and now the "google talk auth. failed " is GONEZO

Again , thanks for the help.... :)

17. nab363

nab363 Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2014
    I tried the above mentioned procedure but i was able to use the market after that. my main problem is that i can't sign in with my google account in the market or gmail. it always says and i quote: Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server.

18. fneurieser

fneurieser Lurker
    None

Jun 28, 2015
    Male
    Hi there,
    yesterday my daughter bought her first tab a samsung galaxy tab 8.9 and on first start we entered her goolge credentials. But we alwasy got the error "google talk-auth.failed". I did as described in the former posts but nothing helped. So I decided to go back to factory settings, first of all I wiped the cache, next I wiped data and set to factory settings. But after logging in with the google credentials the same error message appears again. I don't know how to go on, this is boring.

Can anyone assit in solving this issue???

19. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    If you go into the main settings, About, Software information, does it say that it's running Android 3.x? (Due to generation differences that may be elsewhere under About ok.)

If so then I suspect that it has Gtalk and that's been replaced by Hangouts, and Gtalk authentication is failing for that reason.

Hangouts is available from the Play Store and her tablet ought to support it.

If Hangouts along with everything else works and it's a one time message there's probably nothing to worry about.

If it's a repeating nag message then follow the main settings to app management, go to the All tab, look for Gtalk and tap that, and if it has an active disable button, clear data, uninstall updates, and disable Gtalk.

Let me know if that helps.

20. fneurieser

fneurieser Lurker
    None

Jun 28, 2015
    Male
    Hello,
    thanks for the quick response. I've stopped talk, cleared all data but how can I install Hangout when I don't have access to google market and the tab isn't shown as device ander google market?

21. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    OK - if by Google credentials, you mean an @google.com account, that's going to be nothing but trouble. Go ahead and get an @gmail.com account, see if things clear up.

Verify that Gmail works before proceeding.

If that's not the problem and if it's still running the old Android Market, we want (I think) to update that to the Play Store. (Although I would have expected it to sort that out automatically, it's not a perfect world.)

You'll need to find in settings where it allows you to install from unknown sources - it may be under secure - and turn that on.

Install Google Play Services and Play Store from the following trusted source. Mind the instructions about getting the right sub-version for Play Services her Tab, when in doubt, the -030 generic will work -

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...ices-7-6-03-1954927-438-android-apk-download/

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/

And if I'm wrong, this is all reversible.

22. fneurieser

fneurieser Lurker
    None

Jun 28, 2015
    Male
    Hi, thanks a lot so far. I'm just updating the Tab 8.9 from Android 3. something to the last available software. Now it is at 15 %. I'll then check whether hangout will be installed automatically and be back to your suggestions.

Thanks a lot and best regards in the meanwhile.

EarlyMon likes this.
  23. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Ah great!

Hopefully the update will sort this all out out for you. :)

Let me know if you get a chance, I'm curious.

Welcome to the forums! :)

24. fneurieser

fneurieser Lurker
    None

Jun 28, 2015
    Male
    Hi, it works, great:)

that's the kind of help I prefer!

Best regards and many thanks.

EarlyMon likes this.
  25. Ikeaboy

Ikeaboy Lurker
    None

Jul 18, 2015
    Male
    Hi

I'm having a similar Problem. I just did a factory reset on my old LG E510 Optimus Hub with Android 2.3.6. (which is the latest version for this device). The main Problem is that i cannot download anything from the App Store with the error message "Error retrieving information from server [RPC:S-7:AEC-7]". At the same time I also get the message "Google Talk authentication failed". I tried the abovementioned Method. But without any luck. I also tried deleting all data from the download manager, google framework services, and google play store. Gmail works, with my gmail.com account. Market updates automatically to play store after the factory reset. I tried installing the google play service apk from apkmirror but get a bunch of error messages that keep on repeating.

My guess is that the google talk authentication causes the issue in the play store. And since the play store doesn't work I'm stuck without the 100% correct apks for my device ...

I anyone knows a solution, it would be great.

Before the factory reset the problem did not exist. I even completely unsinstalled the google play services from the device since I was using a different non google mail address on that phone and didn't need any of the google services other than the play store. The google play services were eating up all the internal storage which is only 156 MB on that device. Why oh why did I do the factory reset. Now I'm just getting frustrated ... :(

#75 Ikeaboy, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015