1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to fix my android tab Mid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SuperWind, Jun 20, 2013.

1. SuperWind

SuperWind Member

I am superwind and I have a problem, I want cyanogen mod for my android tablet but im not sure where my device is on the list here are my specs:
    TABLET SPECS

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

What is the exact model name of the device? The specs won't matter at all if the ROM was not specifically made for your device.

3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Yes, we need a model name or model number to be able to help more.

4. SuperWind

SuperWind Member

How do I find the model name?

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

On the box?

6. SuperWind

SuperWind Member

Well the the box i recieved yesterday with it it only stated "Tablet PC" and nothing else on top or bottom.

Is there any other way I can find my model like maybe a website thats similar to whats my ip or something.
    I belive its an MID brand tablet according to the manual

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Can you post a picture of the box? Where did you buy it?

8. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Under settings ->about device, there should be a model number entry spot.

funkylogik likes this.
  9. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Tbh if it isnt a widly used tablet, theres a chance it wont be supported by the big developers like Cyanogen, if any :(

10. SuperWind

SuperWind Member

My model number is 0CC0CCI_MID

11. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Cyanogen doesn't make MID ROMs. Hardly anyone does. Usually the big brands are the ones who get ROMs.

12. SuperWind

SuperWind Member

Hardly, wells who's the rest that make mods for mid tabs

13. SuperWind

SuperWind Member

So my MID tablet is screwing up, when I wanted to reboot it, it came to that silver ANDROID logo with that shine that pases through all the letters and after a few seconds the logo dissapears, then it reappears and it keeps doing the same over and over again, so how can i fix this?

14. SuperWind

SuperWind Member

15. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Is this something you bought directly from Shenzhen or Hong Kong, China? If so it might have bricked and is now stuck in a boot loop. What's probably happened is the software ROM has become corrupted or damaged due to poor quality and lack of testing by the manufacturer, something which can often happen with these cheapo "MID" tablets. You could try getting it into the recovery menu, usually by holding down a couple of the buttons for about 20 seconds. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have RMA it for refund or replacement.

funkylogik likes this.
  16. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Which "MID" is yours? ...taken during my recent visit to Shenzhen, where all these things come from.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ...and this is just a small part of a six floor mall, that's dedicated to these "MID" tablet PCs.

Thing is "MID" is just a generic name that's applied to hundreds or even thousands of these unbranded tablets, that come from hundreds of anonymous manufacturers and trading companies. So often there's no technical information available for them, and even if there is, which one do devs like CyanogenMod make ROMs for? So they just don't bother and concentrate on known popular tablets like Samsungs, HTCs, etc.

FYI:
    http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html

funkylogik likes this.
  17. SuperWind

SuperWind Member

So my android tab wont go to the android launcher screen it would stop at the screen were it shows that shiny android sign and after a fee secs it would dissapear then reappear over and over again.

How do i fix my jelly bean tablet MID.

18. funkylogik

First thing id try is find out the button combo to get into recovery mode on your tab :thumbup:

EDIT try "safe mode" first

19. SuperWind

SuperWind Member

What's the combo.
    Because my mid tab has no reset button

20. funkylogik

Ive no idea what your tablet is tbh bro sorry. Hopefully someone who knows will see this.
    Whats the full name of the tab?

21. SuperWind

SuperWind Member

Hmmm...Some of does requires an sd card and my tab only supposrts micro sd.
    Is there anything i can do to get into recovery mode or something.

22. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

funkylogik likes this.
  23. SuperWind

SuperWind Member

So all I gotta do is press the menu button?

24. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

funkylogik likes this.