• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S2 Screen

At this written take apart guide we will show how to disassemble the Samsung Galaxy S II phone quickly and securely. Following this step by step guide will enable you to easily install replacement parts and to repair your Galaxy S II phone.

This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Galaxy S II part(s):
  • Samsung Galaxy S II LCD + Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement - Black
  • Samsung Galaxy S II LCD + Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement - White
  • Other Samsung Galaxy S II Parts

Tools Required:
  • Safe Open Pry Tool
  • Small Phillips Screwdriver
  • Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer (Suggested)

Samsung Galaxy S II screen repair guide:
  • First step is to remove the battery and all the cards from the phone.
  • Remove the seven (7) small Phillips screws under the battery cover as shown in Figure 1.

galaxy-s2-1.jpg

Figure 1​
  • Once all the screws have been removed, pry around the outer edges of the back plate to release the clips using safe pry tool. You can now fully remove the back housing.
  • You now have access to the motherboard once the back plate has been removed. Disconnect the five (5) flex cables and the antenna wire as located in Figure 2.
  • Then remove the two (2) small Phillips screws holding the mainboard in place.
  • Before removing the board, separate first the side button contacts which are adhered to the frame as shown in Figure 2.

galaxy-s2-2.jpg

Figure 2​
  • The motherboard can now be removed.
  • Release the screen assembly from the housing once the motherboard has been removed. Heat the front of the screen around the outside edges using a heat gun or hair dryer. Keep the heat on average and apply quick movements to the screen. Heat the screen for about 30-60 seconds and don

I recently took my SII to be repaired after the flex cable that controls the home/back buttons snapped. It appears that the tech manage to crack the casing when he removed the screen and despite his best effort to discreetly glue the screen back in place the display no longer works and the screen just falls out. Short of buying a new outer casing, is there a way to realign and secure the screen?

Upvote 0
I recently took my SII to be repaired after the flex cable that controls the home/back buttons snapped. It appears that the tech manage to crack the casing when he removed the screen and despite his best effort to discreetly glue the screen back in place the display no longer works and the screen just falls out. Short of buying a new outer casing, is there a way to realign and secure the screen?
Unfortunately with out seeing the device it's difficult to see if you might be able to purchase new housing to resolve the issue. But as you mentioned the display screen does not work you may just have to purchase new a new screen assembly and housing if the LCD is damaged. I would consider getting a second opinion from another local repair tech so they will be able to see the problem first hand but as mentioned it can be difficult to diagnose with a visual inspection.

Maybe post a picture?

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Atma
Upvote 0
Hey guys!

I dropped my phone like a long time ago and the only damage was one diagnol crack in the middle of my phone and some scratches but I don't know how to repair it, Any help? Do i need to buy something or something?:(
You are going to need a screen assembly replacement to repair the damage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones