• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Fix Samsung Infuse 4G Screen

This is a written repair guide for repairing your Samsung Infuse i997. Following this guide will help you take apart the Samsung Infuse i997 fairly easily in a step by step manner giving you a chance to replace faulty parts.

This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Infuse i997 parts:
  • Samsung Infuse i997 LCD + Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
  • And Other Samsung Infuse i997 Parts

Tools Required:
  • Safe Open Pry Tool
  • Small Phillips Screwdriver
  • Adhesive Strips
  • Heat Gun / Hair Dryer

Samsung Infuse i997 take apart guide:
  • First step make sure that the device is off and remove the back battery cover. You can then remove the battery, the memory card, and the sim card.
  • Remove the six (6) small Phillips screws as shown in Figure 1.

infuse-1.jpg

Figure 1​
  • Once the screws are released, turn the phone over and pry between the screen assembly and the back housing using a safe pry tool.
  • Release the clips and remove the back housing using safe pry tool as shown in Figure 2.

infuse-2.jpg

Figure 2​
  • Release the four (4) pop connectors (red) on the motherboard using a safe pry tool and also remove the two (2) small Phillips screws shown in Figure 3.

infuse-3.jpg

Figure 3​
  • Start releasing the motherboard carefully and make sure not to rip any cables.
  • Heat the front of the screen around outside the edges using a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the adhesive. Keep the heat on average and apply quick movements to the screen. Heat the screen for about 30-60 seconds and don

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones