Think the speaker in your DINC is blown? Think again! I just did this at work today after suffering through the horrible sound of another "blown" speaker and now it works perfectly! From what I have found, the crackly speaker is NOT because it is blown, but rather tiny metal shavings that come from god knows where and get themselves through the screen and magnetically attach themselves to the speaker. This causes something in the speaker to go awry and causes crackling. The solution? A more powerful magnet for the shavings to get attracted to! This removes them from the speaker and lets the sound play in all of its beauty again! You need, 1 Powerful magnet 1 Dinc with crackling speaker First, remove the batter cover. Then take off the screen that is over the speaker. Now take your magnet and hover it close to the speaker. Move it around a bit and try not to touch the speaker surface. Looking at the magnet, you should see small metal particles on it. After that, take you magnet and get any particles out of the speaker screen. Replace the screen and battery cover Play some music and enjoy! If it didn't work, you may need to try a more powerful magnet. If still nothing, your speaker may actually be blown and you will have to take your phone into Verizon. Also, you will probably have to calibrate you compass after doing this because the magnet throws the compass out of whack. Good Luck!