• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Flash 5.9.905 GB, 6.7.246 ICS or 98.72.22 JB with Rsdlite

oh boy, I really need to read things more carefully.
I just noticed that there was a 902 file specifically for people coming from a custom ROM. I did not use this file, I used the modified one. Could this be my problem, seeing as how I'm coming from a custom ROM?

Yes. If you used the full 5.9.905 fxz the 2nd time it would fix all the issues. Are you up and running again?

Upvote 0
Yes. If you used the full 5.9.905 fxz the 2nd time it would fix all the issues. Are you up and running again?

no, I wanted to give one last shot at not formatting my internal card, so I tried the 902 file that was for previous ROMs, (I knew it was a long shot, since after attempting to flash the modified ones, I was no longer coming from a custom ROM) but I tried it anyways, and I got the error message:

Please check input file. Either XML format is wrong or image files associated with it are missing.

so, now I will give in and flash the 905 full. (after the hour long download time of course)

Upvote 0
.905 is the most current ota but you can flash an ICS leak which blow the doors off of GB. the most current leak is 6.7.235 but if something happens with that you will have a brick until an ICS FXZ file is released. I would flash the 6.7.232 leak because you can use the 5.9.905 fxz that you just flashed to fix any screw ups. since you are stock it is very easy to install an ICS leak. just download it, put it on your external sd card, boot into stock recovery and install it.

Upvote 0
.905 is the most current ota but you can flash an ICS leak which blow the doors off of GB. the most current leak is 6.7.235 but if something happens with that you will have a brick until an ICS FXZ file is released. I would flash the 6.7.232 leak because you can use the 5.9.905 fxz that you just flashed to fix any screw ups. since you are stock it is very easy to install an ICS leak. just download it, put it on your external sd card, boot into stock recovery and install it.

no way?! Sweet I can finally use the Apex launcher again! I tried an ICS rom awhile back but it had a lot of data issues, and I LOVED apex launcher.

gonna let the phone charge for awhile, then it's off to .232!

Upvote 0
i'm sorry for posting this in the wrong thread. I uninstalled some system apps from my motorola charm just to make the phone faster. And few months later, i did a factory reset. The phone came on quite alright but it won't proceed after selecting language. What can i do?

Start by posting in the correct thread here Charm - All Things Root - Android Forums and welcome to AF :)

Upvote 0
Just a few questions.......I have the .229 leak and would like to flash .232...correcct me if I am wrong just needed a confirmation on how/what I am doing. So i follow the steps 1-11 and use the fxz .905 full stock modified file. Anything else I need to make sure I do besides back it up? Thanks for your help! i have a mac....i assume that it doesnt matter but wanted to know if i need to use my pc....

Upvote 0
So I may have made a mistake when I flashed the .232 ICS leak. In my well rush and excitement to flash over to it I failed to make a backup of the stock system. So my question is now, how screwed am I when I flash back to .905 in preparation for the OTA? Will I loose everything and is there no way to go back now make a backup and then go back the leak of ICS? I love ICS by the way. Anyways, this is my worry and any help would be AWESOME!!!

Upvote 0
So I may have made a mistake when I flashed the .232 ICS leak. In my well rush and excitement to flash over to it I failed to make a backup of the stock system. So my question is now, how screwed am I when I flash back to .905 in preparation for the OTA? Will I loose everything and is there no way to go back now make a backup and then go back the leak of ICS? I love ICS by the way. Anyways, this is my worry and any help would be AWESOME!!!

You can use House of Bionic to go to the OTA when it comes out and you will keep your data. If not you will have to flash the 5.9.905 fxz wiping all your settings and data then take the OTA with a fresh start.

Samurihl's House Of Bionic - DroidRzr.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones