1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General How to flash cdma network????

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dennis8492, May 9, 2012.

1. dennis8492

dennis8492 Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2012
    Chef
    Tustin, CA
    does anyone know how to flash a sprint android to boost?? I've seen plenty of youtube vids but none giving software names,,, unless their bought but sites seem hella shady. so if anyone knows how to flash sprint/verizon/metro pcs/crickit or any cdma phone to boost i would like to know the proccess and/or programs. i got rooting and roms down now i wanna learn the flashing step of androind.. and you cant say that it isnt possible cuz i have seen sprint phones running with boost. please help. trying to learn as much as possible.

Advertisement

2. xman95

xman95 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    From my understanding, they are basically cloning a phone in this process. Example: They take an existing Boost phone's DEC/MEID and then using some software to get it on the Sprint (whatever CDMA carrier) phone somehow. Then they call Boost customer care to activate the phone. This is popular to do with old or outdated phones.
    Not sure people want to give away their software/secrets so easily, since they are trying to make money by selling you the service.

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Flashing a phone over from one carrier to another carrier without express permission and/or assistance from the carriers is illegal. The only legal method would be to call (or walk into) Metro PCS and ask them if they will do this. Any other method is illegal and we do not condone such conversations here on Android Forums.

I am going to lock this topic as I do not see how it can continue and not violate the rules of the forum. If anyone disagrees with this decision, please feel free to PM me and we can discuss opening it, again.

Thank you for your cooperation.

wetbiker7 likes this.