• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to flash DK28

What method did you use to install the update? Using Odin is the best method. Using the "update.zip" method is prone to problems.

used both Odin and SD card. there is a thread on AC where other people are having similar problems. it has been a rare problem (we are the only 3 people I've heard of it happening to), and it is something I believe is something hardware related as far as bugs go because there are lots of time where I lose 3G ANYWHERE I go and it won't come back until it decides it wants to(prl update, profile update, battery pull, etc., all fail).

it's been speculated that perhaps this is why the official froyo update is taking so long. this is my third Epic, and DK28 didn't come out until my second Epic. i had to get that one replaced because something got borked in that one where it wouldn't update my profile or prl no matter WHAT was done, so they replaced. that phone ran DK28 fine, but this one behaves as shown.

Upvote 0
used both Odin and SD card. there is a thread on AC where other people are having similar problems. it has been a rare problem (we are the only 3 people I've heard of it happening to), and it is something I believe is something hardware related as far as bugs go because there are lots of time where I lose 3G ANYWHERE I go and it won't come back until it decides it wants to(prl update, profile update, battery pull, etc., all fail).

it's been speculated that perhaps this is why the official froyo update is taking so long. this is my third Epic, and DK28 didn't come out until my second Epic. i had to get that one replaced because something got borked in that one where it wouldn't update my profile or prl no matter WHAT was done, so they replaced. that phone ran DK28 fine, but this one behaves as shown.

I flashed back to 2.1 and re-flashed DK28 and each time the types of issues I had and the severity were different. Eventually, I was able to get a situation where I have only minor lag once in a while and my GPS works flawlessly. The only advice I have is to wait until the phone can completely scanned your SD card twice (idk why it does it twice) before using the phone each time your reboot. I used to have an issue where certain widgets disappear from the home screens, but that happens a lot less often (it used to happen everytime an app FCed). The problems that do remain are minor and annoying, but do not seriously hinder my device's performance.

DK28 isn't perfect, or it would have been pushed out as the official update, but it works very well for being a leak. People tend to forget that if they carriers push out updates early just for sake of having them out early, they are prone to have major issues. The EVO had issues with the FroYo update, for example. Perhaps waiting until the update is as close to perfect as reasonably possible before pushing out to the end user is the best route to go. Those who are absolutely must have the latest software can flash leaks understanding that leaks have issues by nature.

Upvote 0
I flashed back to 2.1 and re-flashed DK28 and each time the types of issues I had and the severity were different. Eventually, I was able to get a situation where I have only minor lag once in a while and my GPS works flawlessly. The only advice I have is to wait until the phone can completely scanned your SD card twice (idk why it does it twice) before using the phone each time your reboot. I used to have an issue where certain widgets disappear from the home screens, but that happens a lot less often (it used to happen everytime an app FCed). The problems that do remain are minor and annoying, but do not seriously hinder my device's performance.

DK28 isn't perfect, or it would have been pushed out as the official update, but it works very well for being a leak. People tend to forget that if they carriers push out updates early just for sake of having them out early, they are prone to have major issues. The EVO had issues with the FroYo update, for example. Perhaps waiting until the update is as close to perfect as reasonably possible before pushing out to the end user is the best route to go. Those who are absolutely must have the latest software can flash leaks understanding that leaks have issues by nature.
Before you flashed did you wipe 3x

Upvote 0
i wiped 10x, cleared cache 10x, just to be stupid and proove to myself that it just won't work for me. and it behaves the EXACT same way each time I flash. at first I was like well maybe it's my SD card, so I tried and behaved that way. then I remembered that I used the same SD card in my old Epic, so it couldn't be that. then I went with Odin and flashed with the victory pit and SPH pda file and it still behaved the exact same way as the SD card. tried running it with radios turned off and it still lagged. there was ONE TIME it worked smooth while using TrulyEpic, but when I restarted it it behaved the same way again and stayed that way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones