• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How-to Flash using ODIN

I have a similar problem. When flashinf with Odin, it gets through most of it, but when it gets to system, it just goes on forever. It never finishes. I can always get into the download mode, the drivers work, Odin finds the phone, it starts the flashing process, and just hangs during it and never finishes. I have tried this 1000 times. I have not tried flashing the boot, etc seperately yet.

I was just able to sererately install the bootloader and phone using Odin. I can't upload the PDA. It just hangs... <1> setup connection... tried several times.

Upvote 0
Is anyone else having trouble with windows 7 recognizing the phone?! This is so frustrating. I've flashed to 1.6 notwiz and now I've sold the phone and want to revert back to stock, however since getting a new computer with windows 7 suddenly ODIN does not recognize my phone. I've tried several driver dl's and nothing is working. Please help!:eek:

NM SOL

Upvote 0
For those running windows 7 x 64 and block on setup connection: i have the same problem: The solution seems to be. If it's blocked make sure you follow those EXACTLY steps : disconnect the phone, remove battery, back in download mode, connect to pc then try to reflash again. This worked for me. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones