1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how to flash warm synergy themes?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StellarxJustin, Aug 29, 2011.

1. StellarxJustin

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member

try going into skins on your phone and set the skin to the default HTC one.

3. StellarxJustin

no luck :(

4. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

did you wipe the cache and dalvik cache before you flashed it???

it may be a bad download, in which id just redownload it again and try it.....also some themes dont work even though it says they do....its happened to me on some King Roms that i flashed themes on...

5. StellarxJustin

yes sir and still no luck, ive never flashed a theme before so maybe im missing something. step by step instructions maybe? ROFL

6. DaRayvn

you do it just like when you flash a kernel...put the theme zip on the root of your sd card....boot into recovery, wipe the cache and dalvik cache, the flash the theme on your sd card....then reboot....

also i've seen on some themes that it says specifically to make sure your on the stock htc scene and skin before you flash the theme....

7. StellarxJustin

well ive never flashed a kernel nor do i know anything about them yet haha.
    just got my evo 4g about a week ago, first droid phone.

but i have tried what you said to do and still no luck, since were on the subject any suggestions on a good kernel for synergy that i could look into?

8. DaRayvn

you did root your phone right?? just making sure lol....

9. lubberlick

In theory it should have just worked. My suggestion about setting the HTC skin was because some theme's edit the default skin in order to work... I am at a loss, hopefully someone with more experience jumps in.

10. StellarxJustin

haha yeah, i flashed the synergy nightly version, think that has anything to do with it?

11. DaRayvn

more than likely....themes are made specifically for certain Roms....so if it says its for Synergy RLS1 then thats whats its for...nothing else....

12. StellarxJustin

well i am currently flashing that one now and am gonna retry it.
    thanks for the help ill let you know how it goes xD

13. DaRayvn

ur welcome

just make sure after you flash the rom, to reboot....THEN go back into recovery and wipe the cache and dalvik cache, nothing else.....then flash the theme and reboot

14. StellarxJustin

well i currently am stuck on the white htc 4g evo screen, not sure what happened but im about to give it up and try MIUI after reading one of your threads.

Im jsut worried there are a lot of bugs or something, seeing as how im still new to this whats your input?

15. DaRayvn

if your stuck on the white screen then you didnt do a full wipe...i've run the synergy roms and they are nice.....

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html

if you havent read this guide yet, i suggest you do....its to your own benefit and help you understand almost everything you need to know about roms, kernels, themes...etc....and then if you still have problems with what your doing or are confused about something, come on back and ask....

If a rom says beta, or alpha, or rc then there's a chance there could be bugs....until you see a RLS which means a clean release bug free, then almost any rom there is gonna be a chance of issues....Even though most of the ROMS on here are pretty stable....

StellarxJustin and ocnbrze like this.
  16. lubberlick

Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Data
    Wipe SD-EXT

Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Data
    Wipe SD-EXT

Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Data
    Wipe SD-EXT

Flash rom
    reboot

ocnbrze likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews