1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to force AC charge...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by radzer0, Aug 15, 2012.

1. radzer0

radzer0 Member

Anyone know how to make something charge correctly? Only option ive found is to connect 2 of the leads inside the usb cable to force it but it doesnt want too on its own.

Its a dual USB charge, has a 1a and a 2a connector. Both do the same.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

root and enable fast charge

3. radzer0

radzer0 Member

Already rooted. And I tried that. Didnt work. Only my Blackberry charger at home charges on AC. I bought a few things on play store to try too ended up refunding them all becuase none worked.

4. Demache

Demache Android Expert

You need to make sure the charger outputs at least 1A of power. Otherwise, fast charge won't work.

EDIT: Nevermind I saw that in your first post.

5. radzer0

radzer0 Member

On a side note, once i get fastcharge enabled if it cant get 1a it will revert automaticly?

6. ritchea

ritchea Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you need, but this cable gives an AC charge from my pc as well as from my car lighter adapter. The original cable (and another micro usb cable) only provided USB charge to my Galaxy Nexus. I'm rooted but running stock so no fast charge from that direction. The cable works. Note: this cable is not able to do data transfers.

7. radzer0

radzer0 Member

You can put a very small piece of solder inside the connector on a regular usb and it will do the same thing. It connects 2 of the prongs lol. Im just trying to avoid that.

8. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert

Why? its technically the "proper" solution per USB cable spec.

The spec. treats everything below a certain resistance as "charge" and not "data". Most companies do exactly what your talking about and just short the middle 2 pins...

9. radzer0

radzer0 Member

Just axe this post. Tried to take the stupid thing apart to fix the data bridging issue. Assholes in china plastic welded the thing shut so its demolished now. I got the phone to start saying AC charge but the phone with the screen off used more power than it was charging with. No clue if the phone was bullshitting about ac charge or what, id suspect so as using a data lead bridged cable charged really quick.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews