1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root How to Format SD Card w/out SD EXT.?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cjohn8792, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Cjohn8792

Cjohn8792 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 8, 2010
    Operator
    Upstate,NY
    So I have my phone which to say the least has a buggy USB port. I can not upgrade to 2.2 due to the USB problem. A while ago I attempted to copy files from my sd to my computer to then wipe the card and format it, then put the files from my computer back onto the sd and reinstall velocity, etc. When doing this some files didn't copy so I cancelled the transfer, the files that did copy over I erased, and do not know what they are. I thought i was copying not moving...Then I began to have problems with my SD card not showing any saved photos in my camera or music on my player. I can find all the files through astro or other file managers and play them that way, but can't load them in the list in the apps. I want to format my SD card and have it from like brand new with all original files on it.. I currently run Velocity .4 on 2.1-1. What files/folders do I need to keep. I don't care about bloatware folders or folders for apps I can figure out which I need a don't need. I am referring more toward velocity folder and folders with "." in front of them. I also use rom manager and the custom gridlock kernal for non-overclock phones.

What is the best way to achieve this, I know this post is long but if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I know this forum is helpful I've seen the help for the last six months i've had this phone. Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert
    None

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az
    if your phone is under warranty you shoul;d be able to get it replaced for that. of course youd have to go back to stock first. DCIM is where yourcamera pics are. for the rest you would have to look, cant be that much work. and if you want to reformat your sdcard you can do it in recovery or you can do it from your pc which you can do a full reformat, will take longer but thats what you want right?

3. swc2001

swc2001 Android Expert
    None

Aug 28, 2010
    Rubber Duck Salesman
    Chattanooga, TN
    Just format in recovery
    Choose 0 for swap and 0 for EXT.

Tags: