1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to free room on s4?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by littleslayer15, Jan 15, 2014.

1. littleslayer15

None

Dec 26, 2013
    I have a 32 gb SD card. I have put all my apps on the SD card, but I still only have 200 Mb on my phone. Am I missing something. I should have much more room than that?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    First try Low on Space? Dump logcat

You didn't tell us which partition is low on space, so I'm just guessing.

(BTW, moving an app to the SD card doesn't move the entire app, parts of it have to stay in main storage.)

3. littleslayer15

None

Dec 26, 2013
    Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately it didn't work. Under the storage setting it says I have 6.91 gb under miscellaneous, but when I go into the miscellaneous folder the biggest thing I have is 378 Mb and everything is much smaller.

4. cahoots

cahoots Lurker
    None

Sep 23, 2014
    Male
    Student
    Nairobi, Kenya
    I tried doing the dump logcat method as well but when I dial *#9900#the option doesn't appear. The options that come up are 'debug utils' and 'MTKLogger'.

I have a 16GB samsung galaxy s4 with a 16GB SD card and i've only installed a few apps.

My internal storage says I have 23.21 GB worth of apps (apps data and media content) and 85.16MG of cached data....how can there be 23.21GB of apps if my internal storage is 16GB? I have tried clearing cache data and disabling apps I don't use. I have plenty of space on my SD card to add apps/music/etc. but it won't allow me to download anything new because of lack of internal storage.... I realize some of the app data must remain internal storage but certainly not that much! There must be some other problem. Help!

5. Bigorangebeanbag

None

Dec 20, 2016
    I was having a problem just like this. I couldn't figure out where all of the space went and just when I was about to factory reset, I deleted the stock Internet app and suddenly I had cleared over 8GB. The storage breakdown was showing it was taking a lot of space, but not over a gb. I don't know why that worked, but consider trying it maybe.