• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to generate a large number of phone numbers?

louis2008

Nov 13, 2015
Some people here in my country offers service of helping receiving SMS for verification of different services for those who wants to register as a new member to get coupons and discounts for new members only. They are able to provide a lot of different phone numbers every day and they are not charging too much for the service. I really wonder how they are able to get so many phone numbers? I don't think there is any service provided by the carrier to generate many different numbers, at least in my country. Does anyone have an idea or a guess on how they get a lot of different numbers for this cheap?

are they generating local numbers?

They're local for the particular country of interest, e.g. UK mobile numbers are 07xxx and are 11 digits in length. China mobile numbers are 1xx and are 11 digits, where the xx identifies the provider/carrier.

Where I am, one can't just generate a bunch of random phone numbers, and use them for SMS verification or whatever. As each number is allocated by the carriers and must be assigned to a verified person or organisation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Davdi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Sorry I may have used a confusing term - Generate. In fact, I don't know how they have so many different phone numbers. They are offering for approximately less than $0.5 (USD) for verifying a number, they once helped me verify more than 100 numbers in a day for $0.5 each. I really wonder how they can have so many numbers. Is there any idea? Do you think they have special trick or do they really own SO MANY SIM cards and mobile phones for doing this business? However, I believe that they are certainly not doing this primarily for a living.

Upvote 0
Scammers and spammers send out automated robocalls, every day, by the countless thousands. If a human being answers a call, and actually interacts with it (such as pressing 9 to be removed from the call list - never do that), the value of that number increases on the market.

That said, I can't think of any legitimate reason why anyone would be paid to verify phone numbers as valid. If a person wants messages with coupons or discounts, they should be able to opt-in by providing their own number. My 2c

Reactions: Davdi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones