• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get a paid app back after reflashing

sparker366

Jul 26, 2010
Well I had some issues trying to goto the i9000 rom so I had to reflash back to stock. I had one paid app SystemPanel App / Task Manager and now its asking me to buy it again. I wasn't rooted so couldn't do a backup with titanium but will find a back up program for future backups of paid apps.

So can anyone tell me how to get it back or did I just pee a way 3 bucks

I am having the same problem, has anyone found a solution?

I have a Droid X that I've only had about 3 weeks. Well, last week I had to reset to factory defaults to try to fix a problem with the ringer not working.

I am positive I re-registered with the same account and I can successfully buy new apps with it but I cannot re-download apps I purchased before the reset. Each time I I try it takes me to the page where my credit card info is shown and there is just a "Buy" button.

In my iPhone days if I had a problem like this I'd just go to the Apple store. If I can't resolve a problem with the phone do I just go to the Verizon store or is there a Google Android tech support phone number I can call?

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem, has anyone found a solution?

I have a Droid X that I've only had about 3 weeks. Well, last week I had to reset to factory defaults to try to fix a problem with the ringer not working.

I am positive I re-registered with the same account and I can successfully buy new apps with it but I cannot re-download apps I purchased before the reset. Each time I I try it takes me to the page where my credit card info is shown and there is just a "Buy" button.

In my iPhone days if I had a problem like this I'd just go to the Apple store. If I can't resolve a problem with the phone do I just go to the Verizon store or is there a Google Android tech support phone number I can call?

I agree we may not be the best of help in this section when pertaining to a different device, but it wouldn't hurt to call up VZW and see if they can do anything about it. You might be able to get them to credit you what you'll have to spend again. Good luck!

Upvote 0
I agree we may not be the best of help in this section when pertaining to a different device, but it wouldn't hurt to call up VZW and see if they can do anything about it. You might be able to get them to credit you what you'll have to spend again. Good luck!

Trust me VZW will not give you credit for an app that you bought on the app market. That is run by google and you use google checkout. VZW gets no revenue from it. Again I know this for a fact as I am a VZW customer service rep and would not issue any type of credit for this.

With that said. My app did finally show back up and I got reloaded. I recommend that if you do mess with your phone and have to reflash that you make a Titanium Backup of it so this won't happen to you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones