AustinxAtomic

Jan 30, 2010
Nashville
All right, so you may remember about a month ago my thread about my trackball going crazy.
I've come to the conclusion that it's the charging port that is making it mess up.
My phone is completely unusable when charging.
And will randomly mess up when unplugged.

But my question,
Is there a number I can call to get a refurbished phone sent to me?
I think I read somewhere that I can.
I'm just not sure where.

If I can do this, what all information is needed?
So I can call from my phone.

Any help would be great,
Thank you.

call verizon. 800-256-4646 Mon - Sun 6 am - 11 pm EST

i called them with a problem (earpiece speaker blown) and they sent me a replacement for free. i didnt even buy the phone thru verizon!

Reactions: AustinxAtomic
question if i have insurance do i get a brand new one. I pay the highest insurance on Verizon which is 7 bucks.

question if i have insurance do i get a brand new one. I pay the highest insurance on Verizon which is 7 bucks.

Verizon will still give you a refurbished phone, they'll just ask less questions. They usually only give someone a NEW phone when they've had three replacement phones in a certain period of time.

Verizon will still give you a refurbished phone, they'll just ask less questions. They usually only give someone a NEW phone when they've had three replacement phones in a certain period of time.

really... i was told that i would get a new phone, that is why they convinced my to get the 7 dollar insurance and not the 6.

wtf Verizon

Hey guys, calling customer service did nothing for me, because I'm not the account holder.
No big deal, The account holder and I went to the Verizon store today, talked to a rep, she didn't care that the water indicator sticker had "magically been ripped off".
I got a replacement after she plugged the phone up, and noticed the problem.
Got the phone turned on,
and hmm.. there's a cute little system update message at the top.
So I get a practically new phone, and the official 2.1.
Today was a pretty good day. :)

really... i was told that i would get a new phone, that is why they convinced my to get the 7 dollar insurance and not the 6.

wtf Verizon

Insurance Replacement and Warranty Replacement are two different things as I understand it..
In a nut shell;
Insurance replacement is if YOU drop it, break it, stolen, lost, etc.. its like auto insurance you pay for it in case you ever need to use it.
Warranty replacement which is free is if the phone malfunctions, electrical, hardware issue, etc..

Here is a link to Verizon for more info.. Total Equipment Coverage