1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

How to get absolute best Android performance?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by braj, Oct 29, 2010.

1. braj

braj Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I am trying to go widget-free, using Zeam launcher instead of LauncherPro which seems to randomly have issues for me, I'm just wondering what tips you all may have for getting the best performance possible from your phone. I'm on a Captivate. I care more about in-app performance and stability over bells and whistles. What do you suggest?

Advertisement

2. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Cartographer
    Birmingham, AL
    Root that bad boy, it'll fly!

3. braj

braj Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Root, then what?

4. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Oh...install a lagfix and/or a custom ROM.

5. braj

braj Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I'm really wanting to wait for froyo before more drastic measures, I'm just talking vanilla performance, what are the 'best practices' most efficient apps etc. The big one seems to be avoid widgets, that seems to free up loads of processing power, faster booting too.

6. braj

braj Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I am really liking Zeam too, it has probably my favorite things from LauncherPro, ie. drag and drop uninstalls, and more room in the dock, plus it is easier to deal with than LauncherPro's dock, drag and drop to put something in the dock makes it easy to use. But is the launcher really faster, I'm not exactly sure. It at least seems more stable and at least as fast.

7. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Hmm...I can't honestly think of much that will do what you ask. Few if any widgets, don't have email set to poll too often...though that's more for battery life than anything.