• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get all of my info off of droid and card

double

Oct 28, 2009
i am returning my droid and want to revert to stock. i am not rooted or anything and have empied the music and picture folders but dont know what folders are original and what are app related. also how do i remove all apps. also how do i remove my gmail account info. TIA

Don't just reformat the SD card in your Droid or on your computer!!!

With a simple reformat, ALL of your data (personal photos, whatever) is still on the card and is *extremely easy* to recover with a variety of easily available data recovery tools.

Formatting more than once won't make any difference.

What you need to do is find a utility for whatever operating system you have on your computer, use it to destroy the data on the card (by overwriting the entire thing with random data) and then format it.

I use a command line program called 'shred' on my Linux machines to do this. I don't know what's out there for Windows or Macs.

Reactions: melissab
Upvote 0
Don't just reformat the SD card in your Droid or on your computer!!!

With a simple reformat, ALL of your data (personal photos, whatever) is still on the card and is *extremely easy* to recover with a variety of easily available data recovery tools.

Formatting more than once won't make any difference.

What you need to do is find a utility for whatever operating system you have on your computer, use it to destroy the data on the card (by overwriting the entire thing with random data) and then format it.

I use a command line program called 'shred' on my Linux machines to do this. I don't know what's out there for Windows or Macs.

I cheat. I reformat the card, then copy my iTunes library to it, then reformat. Works just as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones