1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to get an RCA tablet 11 Galileo Pro to reconize a DVD player

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fazi100, Jul 29, 2017.

1. fazi100

fazi100 Lurker

How do I get my tablet to reconize and communcate with an DVD player. I have installed an OTG App, I have an OTG cable (one end is a 2.0 USB port female the other end is HDMI micro male end.)The DVD player is a iclever ODD & HDD Device and uses a USB 3.0 cable. What am I doing wrong? I have read about SE-218BB DVD/CD player by Samsung. Does any one have any experienace, good or bad with this DVD player?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I guess it would need a specific DVD player controller app made by the DVD player manufacturer, or a third-party.

3. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

The samsung one has a built in wireless network, and a proprietary app that allows an android device to connect to it...

The chances of a 3rd party one, with no android drivers just working when you plug in with a usb cable is so near zero, that i woudn't even think about trying it.

.... as for the samsung one, its sort of useful if you did need to play/read/write DVDs from your phone, but the vast majority of users just don't need to do that. I've got one and apart from trying it out once, i've never needed to do it. ( i just use it as an external usb dvd writer for my windows 10 laptop.. (and its been months since i've needed to connect it to do that)