• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps How to get an update with the server?

buggyboy

Lurker
Dec 8, 2009
Hi,
i am developing a program which will require to go through wifi and get data update with a server. May i know how is this done?

i have already figure out how to use SQLite but is it possible to update the data through wifi networking with a server? If can, how do i do it?
Appreciate your effort. Thanks

Hi...thanks for your reply.
It is not from a website. Ok...i want to update some variable values such as string and integers. For example, i want to update the movie screening time and display it in my phone application. What i want to do is...let the application do auto-fetch data every day in the morning. And the source of data is from a server (a computer somewhere near)

Im currently using Sqlite to do the create a database in the phone application. In this case, i will need to syncronize my database with the server. So how do i do it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones