1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support how to get back app previous version

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rubii, May 10, 2012.

1. rubii

rubii Lurker
    None

May 9, 2012
    Hi, I’m new to android and need some help regarding some issues:

When updating apps to newer versions, very often I will still prefer the older version. The problem is, how do I go back to the previous version? Can this be done?

When deleting apps, I will normally clear data first from “Manage applications”, then select uninstall. I thot this will delete all the app files on my phone? But I can still see the app folder in my file manager. I find this quite tedious, to delete thru Settings and still have to manually delete the folder the app created from file manager. Is there a better way of deleting? Especially when the folders names, thou some are pretty obvious while some can be quite misleading. How do I know for sure that folder is for the app I deleted? I don’t want to end up deleting folders I’m not supposed to.

Is there’s any app that can help delete the app together with all the files in 1 shot? Really need some advise here. Pls help.

FYI, I’m using SGS2 on Gingerbread 2.3.6, not rooted.

Advertisement

2. fieryjack55

fieryjack55 Newbie
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    county durham,england
    I've found the best way to go back to previous versions of apps is to make a backup of the original file in astro file manager which is available on google play.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5tZXRhZ28uYXN0cm8iXQ..
    Astro puts a copy of the app in a folder called BACKUPS that it creates on the root of your phone,you can then uninstall or delete as you put it the version you dont want and then navigate to the BACKUPS folder in astro select the old version of the app and reinstall your older version back onto the phone.

As for your other problem about removing folders that came with the app then I would forget using the phones applications manager and download Android Assistant from google play.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.advancedprocessmanager&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5hZHZhbmNlZHByb2Nlc3NtYW5hZ2VyIl0.
    This app has 18 different functions including installing and uninstalling all apps .If you use this to install your apps then it does a far better job of getting rid of them because it keeps it's own record of where everything is installed too and because of this it makes a better job of cleaning up afterwards.
    There is a lot of other useful things this app does as well such as moving apps to your external memory card,out of all the apps on my phone this one is like a swiss army knife and I would be lost without it.
    Hope this helps.

mmkhan1000 and rubii like this.
  3. rubii

rubii Lurker
    None

May 9, 2012
    Hi fieryjack55,

Thanks for your help.

i just downloaded android assistant. I see that it also have app backup. HOw different is this from astro file manager app backup?

And u mention:
    Perhaps u can tell me how to use android assistant to install apps?

Sorry, still new to android, still learning... : )

4. fieryjack55

fieryjack55 Newbie
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    county durham,england
    the backup app in android assistant does the same job as astro file manager,it just that astro does it easier so you can use either app to do the job.
    To install apps you must have the .apk file which is like the setup file in a windows program, these are the files that astro creates when you backup any of your apps for instance android assistant.apk when you run install it automatically finds these .apk files on the phone and gives you the option then to install them.

rubii likes this.