• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to get back earlier Google Maps?

iploya

Android Enthusiast
Aug 25, 2010
I'm sure plenty of people hate the latest iteration of Google Maps/Navigation, like I do. For awhile, I could get back the old version by rolling back updates. But, since then there have been system updates on my S4 where I can only roll back so far. Is there any other way to get back the older Google Maps without root?

It sounds like you have already discovered that attempting to install the older version on top of the newer will fail. I have the v6.14 apk available if you decide to root. Another possibility is to try deleting the exisiting Maps (7.x version) by pushing an ADB script to your phone from a pc (like the numerous debloat scripts on XDA Developers). If successful, root would not be necessary. However, without root, you would not be able to install the older version as a system app

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones