• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to get back to stock

jreink01

Android Expert
Jul 28, 2011
Saginaw, MI
Have a Google pixel currently on tmobile, rooted and running pure nexus. My last update was in April. I would like to go back to completely stock, where i can take ota updates. Does anyone have a step by step instructions on how to do this, or if someone doesn't mind, maybe walk me through the process so i don't screw my phone up. Would appreciate it. Thanks

Techno Bill, one of the Google TCs over at the Pixel User Community, put together a great guide for how to manually flash a factory image, which is the best and easiest way to get back to a bone-stock configuration:

How to Flash a Pixel With A Factory Image

You'll want to use one of the Marlin builds listed here:
https://developers.google.com/android/images#marlin

I'd go for 7.1.2 (N2G47O, May 2017).

Bill's guide does a better job of providing step-by-step instructions than I ever could, but let me know if you run into issues or have any questions.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones