• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to get back to the original home screen?

Mr_M

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
I don't know how I did it, but on my home screen, originally I saw this:

yhst-77147814037117_2114_68210

with the phone on the left, 2nd home screen to get to all the apps, and the contacts button to the right with the 5-7 screens.

somehow I got it on some "Linux" mode where when I press anywhere on the screen, it will shrink to three small windows, two of which are empty and 1 of the windows only displays the following icons: Droid Market, Browser, and Maps along with a dock at the bottom. I want to go back to the way it was beforehand. Does anyone know how to fix this? Many thanks in advance!

update... heres my home screen currently with that annoying dock at the bottom with only 3 windows. when I touch the main page, it makes 3 small windows appear with only one of them being the main one.. kind of like Linux. My "original" home screen that came when I got the phone today is missing that had motoblur and weather to the left and news to the right along with more apps on my main page.

I want to get it back somehow! :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones