1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to get "Contacts to Display" to save?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nfoote, Aug 14, 2012.

1. nfoote

nfoote Lurker

So I've setup my new GS3 with my GMail and Facebook accounts, both of which have synced their own 'contacts' to my phone.

I've also entered in my actual phone/text contacts (saved to Phone).

Now when I go to Contacts I get a huge list of all my possible contacts from all my accounts.

However all I want is the contacts what I entered as actual phone/text contacts (saved to Phone) WITH their linked Facebook/Gmail account details.

So I go to menu->Contacts to Display->Customized List and deselect all the options for my facebook and gmail accounts. I hit 'Done' and everything is great, I see only the contacts I want but they also have thier Facebook/Gmail subcontacts with them. Exactly as I want things.

The problem comes when I then hit 'back' to close the Contacts app and go back to my home screen. If I then go back into Contacts app it seems to have forgotten that I selected the customized list! ALL contacts from Facebook and GMail are back again!!

How can I get the Customized List to be the DEFAULT view when the Contacts App opens??

This works fine on my GS2 which I still have, it remembers the selection from Contacts to Display but I can't figure out how to replicate this behaviour on the GS3?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. emobo

emobo Lurker

Hey there, sorry no solution for you, but I am observing the exact same behavior on my Stock ICS 4.0.3 Galaxy S2X device. The contact customized list works great, but it doesn't seems to stay set that way.
    Pretty annoying...makes me want to delete all the "other" contacts in my gmail...

3. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

is there a particular reason you want the phone contacts as well?? why not just use your google contacts??...

4. emobo

emobo Lurker

For me I just want my google contacts, but only the ones in real groups. None of those automatically added entries that google adds when you have and email discussion. The problem is that the filter resets back to ALL each time the contact app is re opened.

5. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader Android Enthusiast

I hope this is fixed in Jelly Bean

6. nugensport

nugensport Lurker

I had the same issue with my SGS3 and I was able to fix it by deleting the "Contacts" shortcut from the homescreen and adding it back on. Seems to have solved the problem for me...hope this helps!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews