1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How to get contacts when swap sim card

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by xybadog, Jun 25, 2011.

1. xybadog

xybadog Newbie
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Wrexham, UK
    Hi

I travel a lot overseas and use a local sim card when I arrive in the other country and before I got my HTC Desire I had no problem with my contacts as I stored them on the phone and not the sim so when I swapped sim cards my contacts where already there.

Now though, if I'm right in thinking, if I swap sim cards in my Desire when I arrive in the other country I won't have my contacts on the phone until I can connect to the internet and connect with my Google account. Am I right in thinking this?

If so, is there any other way I can access my contacts immediately after swapping sim cards without having to connect to the internet because I won't always have internet connectivity available.

Help please:(

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Contacts (if sync'd) are stored both locally and on Google's servers. So they should still be there if it's the same phone I would think. You could probably test this by taking your sym card out and turning off WiFi and rebooting you phone and checking to see if your contacts are there.

There are also a number of contact sync apps out there that can export/import contacts to the SD.