• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get Data,MMS, & Hotspot on BYOD Devices

I ended up fixing my tethering issue by editing the build.prop file.

Something about the Nexus 6 does not gel with MetroPCS's tethering. They couldn't figure it out when I called in either.

At least now it works, although it means I can't take OTA updates.

Can you PLEASE explain how you fixed your Nexus 6 tethering on metro PCS.... I've been going NUTS FOR DAYS and still nothing!!!!!! I don't know how to adjust the build.prop and would rather not root unless I have to.

Upvote 0
I've found an easier way since I last posted. In fact, it's the safest method since 6.0.1

I would now advise against pulling and editing the build.prop since the system partition is already full by default on 6.0.1.

You need to install ADB on your PC. Then enable USB debugging on your phone. While the phone is on, plug it in, run command prompt in the folder where you have ADB on your PC. Type ADB SHELL.

Then you need to enter 'settings put global tether_dun_required 0'

After that, type exit and you're done

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones