1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support How to get decent battery life...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Weedyapl, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Weedyapl

Weedyapl Member

Feb 28, 2009
    ive always had two days of charge out of my phone with 3G (48 hours) on and just over three days (60 hours) when i force it too 2G but i have been charging my phone over night and leaving it plugged in until i leave for work in morning. FYI Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS are off.

However just last night I charged a quick charge from 40% to 100% 2-3 hours i think it was plugged in, unplugged went to bed, woke up this morning and its flat 4%. So in 8 hours its gone flat from me not even turning on the screen, and i think i know the problem.

The problem seems to be when it says 100% it aint nowhere near 100% must be an error or something in android measuring the battery level or the battery only charges with trickle charge and not a fast charge e.g. 2 hours didn't do squat even though the manual say 3 hours it cant be correct :p .

Leave your phone charging overnight for 8 hours and if your battery is ok you will get two days with light usage. E.g each day 5 texts, 3-4 calls (not 20 min calls or anything like that just 5 min ones) and a small amount of browsing with 3G on. Cause thats what i get.

Anyway just thought you should try it before buying a new battery cause i dont feel like i need to, im happy with 2 days. I've seen a lot of people on this forum and around the net not even getting one day with no usage and that is what happens to me when i dont charge for 8 hours.

Good luck
    ;)[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. az.cactus

az.cactus New Member

Mar 14, 2009
    I had a similar problem. I was noticing my battery was draining unusually fast and one day I noticed my battery level went from ~38% down to around ~25% over the course of less than an hour, all while the phone wasn't doing anything except sitting on the counter idle. When I plugged it in, I noticed it took something like 30 minutes just to register a 2% or 3% increase in juice. I was getting really annoyed and frustrated thinking the battery was defective on the phone (I've only had it for a week). The reason I was even noticing this was because I had it charging earlier and instead of charging UP, it appeared to drain after 4 hours of being plugged in - when I went to unplug it it registered only 4% power and I was getting a warning message that I needed to charge it immediately.

Really weird stuff going on and I started to think maybe there was a problem with the software, so I turned the phone off and then turned it back on. As soon as it rebooted, the battery registered 76% juice immediately after coming back on and within an hour it was back up to 100%. I haven't had any problems since (although the phone still doesn't hold a charge as long as other PDA phones that I've owned do).

So now what I do is turn the phone off and then back on at least once a day. Battery and everything else seems to be running fine as a result.

Tags: