1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to get files from a Samsung with broken and blackout screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by albanian_5, Mar 14, 2020.

1. albanian_5

albanian_5 Newbie

Hi !
    I had a Samsung Galaxy S6 but I broke its screen so the screen is all black and touch doesn't work. Now I bought a Galaxy S9+ and I want to transfer my data (such as images, files etc) from S6 to S9 or better from S6 to PC. The problem is that I can't turn on usb debugging on my S6 because my screen is all black and broken.
    If anybody knows a way to get my files back would help me very much !
    Thanks !

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

You are really unlucky that it's an S6. Older Samsungs supported video output via MHL, which would let you mirror to a screen. And I think the current ones support HDMI via USB. But as far as I can tell the S6 supports no wired video output (and mirroring via chromecast is useless here as you can't enable it without seeing what you are doing).

You might think "what good does mirroring do if the touch doesn't work?", but you can control a phone using USB OTG and a keyboard or mouse, and although it involves a lot of tedious trial and error you can do quite a lot by swapping between a display and an input device (with one socket you can't use both at once, unless you can pair it to a bluetooth input device). But this doesn't help you because I can't think of a way of mirroring the S6's display other than wirelessly, and I'm sure you need to have already set that up to have a chance of it working now.

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews