• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Get Go Lancher as Defualt lancher

JumpinJupiter

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2013
Hello all i am new to this forum and the amazing mobile Os of Android. I have acquired my first smart phone and although it is not particularly powerful for my nerd like standers it gets the job done with not to much lag although i can only use the stock browser because others lag far to much.(Firefox for android is indeed a disappointment) but the tabbed Dolphin Brower does just fine. The phone runs Gingerbread 2.3.7 but that is to be expected as the phone is rather low specs . I indeed like the fact that Android is open which means anybody can make an app for it which is great and it being based on Linux pretty much automatically got my seal of approval. The only problem i have with android is that updates for the OS is currently a mess.Auto correct for the phone also well it suck( Sorry Android). I am also glad that this fourm makes it nice and easy to register as the easy tradition of doing it is going away in a lot of forums( Errors nothing but errors on some)

To the problem. It seems Go launcher or any launcher will not default. I have cleared the defaults of the default launcher but it still comes up. It is not the phone as someone has the same model as me and after an update it happily asks what launcher to start and default. I have also defaulted the default launcher on that phone went through the same steps as my phone and got GO launcher as defaulting on that phone perfectly. Any help would be appreciated:)

"As a new user you cannot yet post links or images. When you reach the required number of posts this filter will be lifted. This is an anti-spam measure, we apologize for any inconvenience." Sigh:mad:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones