• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [How to] get Google play on LT7033

Hey there, I just bought these for my kids and I really want them to have google play so they will leave my tablet alone lol. I am a noob to code and installing things so is there any way you could tell me what I'm doing wrong?
-When you say "extract the files" do you mean extract them to the tablet or to my PC? I did both for safe measure.

-Then I did what the runme.bat says but my computer will not recognize the tablet at all once I do this.

-Also when you say turn off mass storage, do you mean change the USB input to media device or use mass storage device but turn it off?

plug in the usb cable. go to settings-storage- click menu in the top left corner, then click media. go to device manager and delete install the drivers again. the files should be extracted to the pc not tablet

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone on this thread sooooo much!!!

I was able to root it using tools from this link
http://androidforums.com/members/casperischinky.htmlhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1967699

Then once rooted I used the apk from casperischinky for the play store and placed it in the system/app folder with Root Explorer, rebooted, and now everything is working beautifully.

Apps are updating from the play store!

I bought this tablet for my son for Christmas and now it won't be a lame paperweight! This was one that was on sale really cheap to draw people in for early black friday shopping and I bet the majority of the people who got one will be somewhat dissappointed with it. But not me! haha

THanks!
-Sawbones

Upvote 0
Thanks to everyone that posted and helped a Noob to get this little Tab rooted with Google Play. Caspers files worked great and Bluecardfish's reply's did the trick! Now to fix the issue with apps from Google Play coming up incompatible and we're good. Think it's in the build.prop file maybe. See even noobs can learn a bit here or there. Thanks Again!

Upvote 0
Copied .apk file from PC to tablet(curtis-lt7033). In tablet opened apkInstaller and ran copied .apk file. It shown message that it is installed google play store.

In apps list it is showing icon for google play store but when I press this icon it is showing

unfortunately google play store has stopped

Can anyone please let me know, detailed steps how to install google play store in curtis LT7033 model

1. From which site we need to download .apk file.

2. In which folder(tablet) we need to place .apk file.
3. Whether we need to run this .apk file with appInstaller(tablet).

Thanks,
Sharath.

Upvote 0
UPDATE... got someone working on Clockworkmod recovery for this.. and I'm working on a tweaked out ROM so it's:
Faster
Smaller (de-bloated)
Google Play installed and working
Tweaked wifi for faster connection
Slightly? Increased screen sensitivity

Just waiting for CWM so we can make backups and install Roms

I'll give updates when I have more :)

Upvote 0
Tablet has to be rooted first. Look at dimitriz, casperischinky, and mavrikmeercat po sts all files need to root and install google play are there. First you need the r29 adb driver found in the thread so computer will recognize the tablet. Then run the program casper put up and follow steps. Then download root explorer and browse root files then copy google play too system apps. Apk file found on one of the threads from one of the three guys I mentioned.

Upvote 0
Can't wait to test it out, pm me if you need a tester

Thanks,

Farney
UPDATE... got someone working on Clockworkmod recovery for this.. and I'm working on a tweaked out ROM so it's:
Faster
Smaller (de-bloated)
Google Play installed and working
Tweaked wifi for faster connection
Slightly? Increased screen sensitivity

Just waiting for CWM so we can make backups and install Roms

I'll give updates when I have more :)

Upvote 0
I have the drivers downloaded but im not sure what to do with them afterwards. I finally found the settings for the storage device but changing them didnt have anything pop up in device maanger
Take a look at post #38 again. You have to enable USB debugging then it will show up as an unknown device. This is the device you apply the new drivers to. Update the unknown device's drivers and select the folder with the new drivers.

Upvote 0
Take a look at post #38 again. You have to enable USB debugging then it will show up as an unknown device. This is the device you apply the new drivers to. Update the unknown device's drivers and select the folder with the new drivers.

The debugging was one of the first things i did and do with android. Nothing popped up and nothing changed in device manager even with scanning for changes

Upvote 0
Any suggestions on making this little tab any speedier? Build.prop tweaks?

Thanks!

If build.prop is the way you wanna go then I would suggest V6 supercharger script by zepplinrox over in xda. Just google it. It made a difference with the rom I'm working on.

Also you may want to look into enabling init.d scripts to run at boot. That is how most badass custom roms developers tweak their roms to do things like speed tewaks and other stuff.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone! I am new to everything you all are talking about and was wondering if someone could pleaseee take me through this process step by step? I have no clue when it comes to rooting and all the other things you say I need to do to get Google Play onto this little tablet here. I would greatly appreciate it if you could! Thank you all in advance for any help! :)

Upvote 0
First thing I did was under settings on the tablet I went into the apps and then development and I enabled usb debugging. When I connected the tablet to the computer I also made sure it was connected as a media device. I then went to this website http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1967699 and downloaded the adb driver I needed for the tablet and of course I had to unzip the file. Then I went into my device manager on my computer and updated the drivers for this tablet with this file I just downloaded. Once I updated the drivers for the tablet I ran the program which can be downloaded here http://db.tt/SjwfVfUB. I had to unzip this file as well and I opened the all files until I got to the file that said runme.bat and I ran this file.
I followed the directions of this program and hooked up the tablet to the computer and pressed enter and the tablet rebooted twice I think and the program said when it was finished. That rooted the tablet and you should have the app super user on it. The guy that help me do it sent me a root checker app that just checked to see if I was rooted which I was and it also checked busy box to see if it was running correctly. I downloaded this file which is the market app http://db.tt/qSnXMWyJ again had to unzip the file. I saved this file onto a micro sd card and put it into the tablet. Last step was
you need a file explorer that browses files as ROOT and have SU permissions it also needs to mount the /system as r/w (read/writable) in order to copy any file to a /system folder. the only two file explorers that i know that do this are Root Explorer(paid app) and ES file explorer(free) ES works nice and you can get it from SlideMe market. after you install it, you have to go into settings and check "browse as root" and "mount system as R/W" then you can copy things over to /system. When I did this I copied my market app I put on the micro sd card to the system apps and then I was able to run google play on the tablet with no problems. Once I did copy the google play app over to the tablet I turned the tablet off then back on and then google play worked with no problems.

Upvote 0
If anyone is still having trouble I had to open es fike explorer and open settings. Choose root settings and turn on 'root explorer' and also 'mount file system' To open seetings press 3 vertical dots next to 'recent apps' button. If es file explorer says it cant get super user access then you need to open super user program and change setting there under security - automatic response. If it is set to deny change to prompt or allow. To open seetings press button in upper right corner.
Thanks to those that helped an old illiterate geezer like me root his first android device and get a decent app store.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I had to take one of my tablets back because the display was dying. I called corp and they said I have a one year warranty and 30 to exchange from date of purchase. I took it back to hhgreg and they gave me the lt7033d. What's the D? its Hd lol. The newer model is already rooted, comes with root exployer preinstalled, amazon appstore link, and has a super hd player. Fancy widgets and also a newer camera. Find a reason, whatever it is to return yours. Lol

Upvote 0
I love this lil tab after I got the market installed and it rooted,but one thing that bothers the s%h!t outta me is that the box clearly says that it has 4GB of memory that is a bunch of bs cause I have an app called "memory status" it says it only has 2gb.Grrrr I could use some more room on this thing lol.I wonder if their is a way to get more memory lol,oh well I guess,anyways sorry I felt like venting lol.

Upvote 0
I love this lil tab after I got the market installed and it rooted,but one thing that bothers the s%h!t outta me is that the box clearly says that it has 4GB of memory that is a bunch of bs cause I have an app called "memory status" it says it only has 2gb.Grrrr I could use some more room on this thing lol.I wonder if their is a way to get more memory lol,oh well I guess,anyways sorry I felt like venting lol.
Get a 32GB sdcard bro. ICS mounts it as /data and you can move all you apps to it. I got one and ist pretty sweet
GET AT LEAST A CLASS 6 OR HIGHER

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones