1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How to get "Group" option in Contacts like samsung?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by AJPTransport, Jun 9, 2011.

1. AJPTransport

AJPTransport Member
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Ok samsung has a group option when storing your contacts, like if you had bike friends you could add them in that group and then mass text that group when you needed too. Anything like that out there?

Advertisement

smithy1954 likes this.
  2. AJPTransport

AJPTransport Member
    None

Aug 3, 2010
  3. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    GO People allows you to group contacts.

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Contacts groupu is a free app that allows you to email or text to whatever groups you already have set up with your contacts in your gmail account. It works quite well.

5. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Infrastructure Engineer
    Ohio
    Depending on the device, the option for creating groups is there by default.

In Froyo in the contacts app, menu - more - groups, or something to that effect.

In Gingerbread in the contacts app, tap the 2 people icon at the top, add the contacts you want in the group.

6. AJPTransport

AJPTransport Member
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Illl try that. Thanks "Brah"

7. AJPTransport

AJPTransport Member
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    I have a G2X and I can't find that option. That groupu is horrible.

8. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    Then use go contacts, it is awesome. I have an adorable ufo theme for it. Groups are easy to make and manage.

9. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Android Expert
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Would prefer that you could sort people by groups and only show those you want in contacts - family, friends, businesses that you deal with. Put the PITAs in that category with a silent ring tone and forget them. And they won't show in contacts, either.

I had a BB and I listed every spammer with a very objectionable name - switch to Android and they all show up in contacts, and no way to hide them. Ahole spammer and fooker (used right spelling) kinda shocked a rep who happened to see the contact list.

10. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    I have an Atrix with Froyo and have been trying to figure this out as well. I have been able to create my group, but couldn't figure out how to call up the group to send text or e-mails. Thanks to this thread, I revisited this issue and solved the problem or figured it out. First, I am using the stock contact app, using Handcent SMS and Gmail.

To create a group select the contact icon> menu> display group> create new group. (You will see other groups you create, in this popup window as well, to edit or delete.) Name your group, then select the add button. From there, select the names and select done.

Note: You will only see your groups under the "display group" button. (Haven't figured out how to create a short cut for the home screen.)

For texting in Handcent, using one of the groups you created, launch Handcent> create new message> select the "+" symbol in the to field> group tab> then your group to text. If your contact has more then one phone number, you will be prompt to select the correct one> select end and compose your message.

For e-mail using Gmail, launch Gmail app> select compose new email> select the "+" in the "to" field> select the "down arrow" at the top of the screen or menu> display group and select your group. You will see your list of contacts and have to select each one in the list to include, in the email.

I hope this was helpful to you all.

11. Fiezta

Fiezta Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    CEO
    Maryland
    I am using Contact Groupu and I do not have problem sending texts to multiple contact at once however , everyone on the list can see the phone numbers, please is there a way to prevent this from happening or where on the setting can I make the changes?