1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to Get Hot Spot Tether.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xXchrizhurtyXx, Apr 25, 2012.

1. 1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks. I just sent you a request- RB

2. 1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone Well-Known Member

hey bruddah- I can happily report that I now have SUPERUSER status!!! Yay!!
    Thank you so much. I have not installed the "energy stock" zip you sent me, but my AMAZE has root and have achieved superuser by following the hansoon2000 toolkit. Wow! Thank you so much! A+++

3. Tnman678

Tnman678 Lurker

Thanks for that, it worked beautifully:) I did forget to change my wifi widget to connect through my apn, but once I figured that out and changed it, it has worked flawlessly. My wifi usage counter has been stuck at 247mb since employing this trick, even after using around 8gigs and connecting my comp and Xbox, and even my wife's phone since she has a limited plan.

For that reason, I Had to sign up for an account and give kudos where they were due.

4. Tnman678

Tnman678 Lurker

Wifi tethering does not work for me in Foxfi, just connects to a dead connection. I do, however, use pdanet for USB and bluetooth tethering, solely for the "hide tether usage" capabilities. The only way I got wifi hotspot to work was to use elwaxmans workaround. This works just as the included connection, only they cannot differentiate between the mobile connection and tethering connection.

U8680 rooted to ICS (U8681), on unlimited data with only 2.5gigs a month of free wifi tethering. Thanks to elwaxman, I have used 8gigs so far through wifi tethering.

5. Tnman678

Tnman678 Lurker

I followed this on another site. They did tell me to select generic ICS. They never said anything about the routing fix. I do know without doing it it does not work.

HTC Amaze 4G Forum

The HTC Amaze 4G release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, processor, and 1730mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews