1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root How to get into the BOOT LOADER

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Anges, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Anges

Anges Member
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Engineer
    I have not found the exact button sequence to hold down when booting up the phone. I know this can vary by phone.
    I have tried to hold down the home button while powering up but it did not work (or I let go of the home button too soon)

Thanks in advance, again
    Anges
    cause "It's so fluffy" :eek:

Advertisement

2. Anges

Anges Member
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Engineer
    I finally figured out how to get in to the BootLoader Screen (Hold the Volume Down button while pressing Power and have the fast boot option off in settings)

3. GazaIan

GazaIan Member
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    You don't have to have fast boot turned off, you can always pull the battery.

4. Anges

Anges Member
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Engineer
    Yeah, but that requires some extra "steps" - pop the back, pull the battery,put the battery back in.... unless YOU never have the back on because you are always pulling the battery ;=)

But good to know.

5. Anges

Anges Member
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Engineer
    Yeah, but that requires some extra "steps" - pop the back, pull the battery,put the battery back in.... unless YOU never have the back on because you are always pulling the battery :eek:

But good to know.

6. unboundtrucker

None

Aug 6, 2011
    My EVO 4G WILL NOT in any way shape, manner, nor form, go to the bootloader screen. My wife's neither.....The way this site is set up sucks....Can't find a place top start a new thread....ask a question.....I'll find someone who will not make it so hard to ask about this over-priced piece of Dung

7. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    PA/NJ Usa
    It would help if you'd post your question in the right section of the forum. If you're not able to navigate the forum maybe you should take your device to Sprint. If you're trying to get to the bootloader screen so you can flash a new rom or recovery then I see a lot of pain for you my friend. You're having trouble navigating the forum what are you going to do when your phone stops responding because you tried to flash the recovery for the mytouch 4g?

Just because they share the name 4g doesn't mean they're the same phone or even similar. They are vastly different.

Good luck to you.