1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to get Light Flow Lite LED notifications for Hancent?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ergalthema, Apr 14, 2012.

1. ergalthema

ergalthema Well-Known Member

I've tried over and over to get an LED notification for new Handcent messages using Light Flow Lite, but can't get anything to work. Can someone tell me your settings?

I have tried changing "alternate on" and "alternate off" settings (which seems ridiculous to have to do).

It's so frustrating sometimes trying to do simple tasks like this. I can understand why people like iPhones. iOS might be more limited, but what's there seems to work most of the time.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Also, why does the option "Select a notification color" have a description that has nothing to do with color?: http://i.imgur.com/rq19f.png

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Android Expert

LOL...good question.
    Several such bugs in the app.
    To wit:
    Under General prefs/ notification color opens the same page as notification type

And the reply?
    "Hi
    There's a bug in the text shown in the usa translation at the moment that I hope to have fixed for the next release.
    Cheers Andrew"

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Just to be sure, are you rooted? Because AFAIK Lightflow needs root access.

4. ergalthema

Not rooted. Light Flow worked ok for me months ago. Had to reinstall everything and it has more trouble now.

5. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I use it with Handcent, and have no trouble. What EXACTLY do you want it to do, and how are you testing it? I only ask as, for example, the LED won't light up if you're screen's on, yet you have to have your screen on to hit the test button...

6. ergalthema

I want the LED to light blue when I receive a text. If I send myself a test text, Handcent pops up the new message on the screen, the screen eventually turns off and there is never an LED light. I also have Handcent itself set to a blue LED. Does it matter what the settings are in Handcent?

In Light Flow, I have the SMS notification set to blue LED. I have tried with the "alternate on" checked and unchecked.

Another disappointing issue.

7. ergalthema

I'm looking at the full description on Market, and just saw this:

"NOTE - the LED functionality does not work on most LG and Samsung phones."

Really?

8. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Setting SMS to your color of choice is correct in Lightflow, and making sure LED is enabled under Handcent's notification settings is what I have also. What model of phone are you using? The colors available to the notification LED will vary by the OEM, as it'll depend in what they put in there. For example, Motorola is pretty good about the number of colors they install, with HTC not far behind. I think the two that the Dev mentioned are at the bottom of the pack; Samsung has neglected to include them at all in other models like the Galaxy Note.

9. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

The light flow dev told me handcent won't work correctly with light flow because handcent won't add the piece that would make it work.
    He suggested go sms, but for me it still didn't work correctly for the customized contacts.

10. ergalthema

I just disabled Light Flow completely, and the LED notification in Handcent itself doesn't appear to be working.

I just reinstalled Handcent and the LED still doesn't come on.

Here is a screenshot just to prove that I have LED turned on: http://i.imgur.com/NKk7S.png

So, maybe the problem has been Handcent this whole time?

11. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Handcent's led notification worked fine for me. The only reason I stopped using it was because it would sometimes refuse to send mms.

12. RyanB

RyanB Guest

The problem shouldn't be Handcent though, as it runs like a champ on mine (and judging by your screenshot, we have the same phone). Here's a shot of my general settings. Do they match yours?[​IMG]

13. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Here are my SMS settings. [​IMG]