1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how to get msg off home screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SofTA, Jun 10, 2021 at 9:17 AM.

1. SofTA

SofTA Newbie

Hello,
    Some months ago I disabled updates on my S10+ for personal reasons. Since then I've had a nagging "update your phone" message that takes up notification space on my home screen. Is there a way to get the message to go away?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

So you can't dismiss and set ignore for it?

I've only seen that once on a Samsung phone, on a recalled Galaxy Note7, which was for battery charging neutering, and that was a mandatory update. And the only other time I've seen a permanent notification is on a Huawei Mate10, informing me that the "battery health is deteriorating", and that I should visit Huawei Service to get it replaced.

Is your S10 a US carrier version, like Verizon? Because I've read on AF they apparently do things like this, with pushing updates as mandatory.

3. SofTA

SofTA Newbie

The only option I had was to choose download or later. Just now I selected later - I hope this doesn't give it permission to download the update at a future time!

If there are specific steps to take to set the notice to ignore (assuming it will return soon), please do tell.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

That sounds like what I saw on my Samsung Galaxy Note7. Which was recalled by Samsung for a full refund.

No idea, I never got that far with it.

What variant of the Galaxy S10 Plus have you actually got there? Is it from a US carrier, like Verizon?

#4 mikedt, Jun 10, 2021 at 10:50 AM
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021 at 10:56 AM
  5. SofTA

SofTA Newbie

I purchased the phone from Xfinity, but it's been unlocked & now I'm with Consumer Cellular.

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 8/12GB RAM, Exynos 9820 processor, and 4100mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews