• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get my NE2 discount?

I'm going to change my answer somewhat, but this might not help you. My NE2 date is 5/22, so I figured I'd try calling one more time just to see what would happen, and to try to find out if I was eligible for that smartphone promotion Sailingmaster had mentioned. The rep I had ended up asking her manager if I could get my NE2 date changed, and they did change it for me since I was only about a month away. You being two months, I'm not sure if they would bump it up that much. So, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try again, or wait a couple of weeks and call them up.

Upvote 0
The smartphone upgrade varies by region. As far as how to bargain with a VZW rep, it's better to do in person then over the phone. If I'm not mistaken they work on commission and stores are more liberal about giving upgrades close to the NE2 date. Customer service over the phone isn't, as they are mostly trained strictly by the rules. When you do ask and happen to get lucky, they will refer the call to the manager as someone in here has already said. They don't have the authority to agree to anything without a managers approval.

The best thing you can do is be nice to them through-out the call, they are people just like we are, telling them something like "I will leave for Sprint if I don't get the NE2 price" is crazy and will not help you at all, with any company. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the good luck wishes! I just replied to her e-mail with a firm but also semi butt kissing response just saying that I absolutely want to stay with Verizon because of their outstanding customer service (behold the butt kissing :p). I also wrote that I have been with them for over five years while my immediate family is on Sprint with a business discount, but did not say I was going to switch. I mentioned the two early upgrade notifications I had gotten a few months ago and the fact that I live in PA and they are one of those states doing the feature phone to smartphone deal.

I did say that I have waited long enough to get this phone and if I have to wait til June, I may hear of something better and just wait for that. (Even though I really really really want this phone!!!)

Upvote 0
Just one more question, would it be better to go in to a store or call customer service about pushing up the NE2?
Neither. I would go through the VZW website and use their "Send an Email" function under the "Contact Us" section. That's how I got mine moved up. Others on here have too. It seems to be the most successful way of doing it.

Upvote 0
Below is the information I c&p'd from verizonwireless.com forum that was made by an employee regarding the smartphone promotion.

I spoke to a rep on Thursday and he couldn't tell me much except that it expires on 4/30/10. I did receive an email and I am eligible for this promotion, but didn't use it. Still added the 3rd line. (wanted a new number anyway). He couldn't even tell if I was eligible for it. He said I would have to call the number in the email (which he could give me) as I don't have the email anymore.

This is not available online. Only in store or by phone. I stopped in a store last Saturday and had them check and we could get an Eris on our secondary line for $179.00-$100 mail in rebate = $79.99. Our upgrade for that line is 8/15/10. We didn't do it, so I don't know what other charges would have been involved.

The rep I talked to on Thursday seemed to think I could use this promotion to get the Incredible on my primary line (also eligible for the promotion, and my NE2 isn't due till 4/2011.

I would think that it is possible, with the Incredible just being released on the 29th, that they would make it inelgible for this promotion but one would just have to ask I guess! But it appears this promotion is very REGION specific.

Here is the link to the forum...

Re: early upgrade to smartphones? Expand this offer please!! - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community

RegionAny customer in any of the four regions (Northern California/Nevada, Central Texas, Pennsylvania/WV/Ohio, Upstate New York by either NPA or Zip) who meet the following criteria are loaded into SED (Streamlined Equipment Discounting) and are eligible for the offer:
  • Not currently on a 3G Smartphone.
  • Not NE2 (New Every Two), EUP (Equipment Upgrade Program), or AUP (Annual Upgrade Program), eligible as of 03/15/2010.
  • Consumer or ELEU (Employee Liable End User) and B2B (Business to Business) up to 999 employees - Federal Government excluded.
  • Pennsylvania/WV/Ohio and Upstate New York customers only have the added requirement to not have upgraded or activated within the past six months.
Note: Select targeted customers may receive direct marketing materials.
ChannelsOffer is available in all direct retail locations, Customer Service, CMO (Continuity Marketing Operations), Telesales, and local/national Indirect agents.
Note: Internet is excluded.

Frequency of Upgrade
  • Customers can only upgrade once during this promotional period.
  • Upon taking advantage of the promotion, customers are not eligible to upgrade again for at least 12 months, which must be disclosed to the customer.
  • Customers are not eligible for a standard upgrade offer.
Data Plan/Feature$29.99 data plan/feature, at minimum is needed on all 3G Smartphone devices.End Dates
  • Contract end dates extend 24 months.
  • Device eligibility dates and NE2 extend 20 months.
Early Upgrade Fee$20 Early Upgrade fee is not applicable.Buddy UpgradesThis offer cannot be used for buddy upgrades.Eligible Device and Rebates
  • Any 3G Smartphone is eligible.
  • Applicable device rebates are built into the SED offer discount and apply to the transaction as an instant discount.
Pricing
  • Two-year retail consumer pricing only.
  • No corporate device discounts.
BOBO (Buy One Get One) / BXGX (Buy X Get X)
  • Through 03/31/2010, customers in the Northern California/Nevada region who qualify for this promotion can take advantage of the Palm Pre Plus BOGO and the Motorola DROID BOGO.
  • For all other areas, if the request is a BOGO/BXGX for a 3G Smartphone within this offer, then the 3G Smartphone Early Upgrade Promotion purchase may qualify as a Buy device in a BOGO/BXGX offer, but the device does not qualify as the Get or free devices

Upvote 0
In another thread someone said that if your NE2 is more than 30 days out they will not bump it up. Mine was 4 weeks away and they bumped mine up(It was May 10th) with no problems what so ever. The rep I talked to even thanked me for letting her know they announced this phone and that she was going to buy it now once she talked to me and looked up the info on google while we were on the phone together lol.

Upvote 0
Just heard back from Verizon for the second time today (a different lady then the one who e-mailed me this morning) and my begging and pleading my case did the trick! She moved me ahead to today! So the thirty day thing may not be true as mine was June 4th and it is now today. I'm super stoked!! :D

Upvote 0
Here is the response when I asked if my second line could be made avaiable for an upgrade. This line was originaly ready for an update on 10-18-10:

Dear ............,

Good morning. I can't wait for the HTC Incredible to come out! It looks like it will be a fantastic phone. I have gone ahead and updated the upgrade date for the line $%^-$#%-#$%# to 4/16/10. Not sure if aware, you can pre-order the HTC Incredible starting the 19th! For further information regarding pre-ordering the HTC Incredible, you may visit our website at, HTC Incredible?.

If you prefer to wait until the 29th, as a registered "My Verizon" subscriber, you have the ability to upgrade your wireless phone online. To process your order, please sign-in using the Account Owner’s log on information, at the following web address:

www.verizonwireless.com/signin

After you have signed-in, please follow the instructions below:

WHOOOOOhooo! :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones