• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to get new update

jardog24

Lurker
Jul 18, 2013
I don't know how to get the new update because I am rooted and have the CWM recovery. I unrooted but CWM was still there and it seems if its not letting me update. I don't want to total lose everything by factory reset I want every little thing the same except updated and no CWM recovery. So I want to know if I need to get rid of CWM recovery to update and if so how?

I don't know how to get the new update because I am rooted and have the CWM recovery. I unrooted but CWM was still there and it seems if its not letting me update. I don't want to total lose everything by factory reset I want every little thing the same except updated and no CWM recovery. So I want to know if I need to get rid of CWM recovery to update and if so how?

What the updates are all about is to patch the security hole which recently was discovered. It's a big hole too. To close the hole without doing the entire update go to the Play Store and find the program "ReKey". This does the job. It's important to close the holes so be sure to do this.

Bob

Reactions: GGBryan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones